I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome to Auckland, New Zealand


Auckland From the Ferry, originally uploaded by jokecamp.

I'm in Auckland after flying from Oklahoma City to Denver to LA to Fiji then finally landing in Auckland, New Zealand. It was exhausting and it really did feel like I had travelled into the future. I am a day ahead over here so if you guys want me to predict sports scores or stock prices for you I can do that.

I've been exploring downtown and getting a feel for the city. With the cars, clothes and buildings sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the 90s. But the city is a lot of fun and has a good vibe. So far I've risen to the top of the Sky Tower, climbed a nearby volcanoe called Rangitoto, had some fish n chips and sampled some of the local beer. The beer called Tui is pretty solid. It taste like a mix of Newcastle and Yeungling.

I've taken more pictures but it is hard to get them uploaded at the moment.

No comments: