I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Outback


Driving through the Outback, originally uploaded by jokecamp.



Sunset at Uluru, originally uploaded by jokecamp.



The Road Ahead, originally uploaded by jokecamp.


Well I survived the trip through the outback. The trip started in Adelaide and ended in Alice Springs. We drove well over 2000 kilometers over eight days. Zig-zaging our way north over lonely paved and dirt roads.


Along the way we visited the Flinders Ranges, Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Angorichina, took the Oodnadatta Track along the Old Ghan Railway, saw Lake Eyre, and visited William Creek (population of about 9), stayed underground at the opal mining town of Coober Pedy, Kings Canyon and finally Alice Springs. It was exhausting. There was sweltering heat. Extremely dry. Little to no shade. Thousands of flies swarmed your face relentlessly. It was seriously the most fun I've had in Australia yet. Our fearless group of thirteen was great. If I could of I would of wished the tour to go on for another eight days.


Oh and we saw plenty of kangaroos. They are actually quite tasty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Joe,
These pictures are amazing. Keep posting, we have been checking the blog to see your adventures.

Josh's dad (GoalTalk