I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cambodia


Angkor Wat, originally uploaded by jokecamp.




Ta Som, originally uploaded by jokecamp.




Sihnoukville crab vendor, originally uploaded by jokecamp.



Siam Reap, Cambodia

From the Gulf of Thailand I headed to the capital Bangkok. Which just happens to be the unofficial backpacking capital of the world. You can buy anything in Bangkok it is amazing. I stay on the famous Kohsan Road. From Bangkok I took the rumored "scan" bus from to Siam Reap, Cambodia.

Siam Reap was a small town with lots of tourists visiting the amazing Angkor Wat temples. The temples are the biggest religious buildings ever built. The stone carvings and structures are a unbelievable.

From Siam Reap, we headed south to Phnom Penh. The capital of Cambodia. The city was a constant reminder of the terrible history of the country and the main places to see where locations involved in Pol Pott's genocide. The city wears heavily on you.

Afterwards we headed to Sihnoukville on the coast. We relaxed on the beach and sample the local seafood while drinking and dining on the sand. Now back to Phnom Penh to catch a bus to Vietnam.

No comments: