I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Monday, December 29, 2008

Skydiving over Fox Glacier and Mount Cook


Flying Above Mt Cook, originally uploaded by jokecamp.

I wasn't planning on going Skydiving but after meeting the owner at Lake Kaniere and getting a good deal I couldn't resist. The Fox Glacier is set to be among one of the most scenic skydives in the world.

We jumped out at about 12,000 feet right next to Mount Cook the highest mountain in New Zealand at 12,316 feet. There was a free fall of about 45 seconds. Then about 10 seconds through solid cloud where visibility was zero. We could only hope a chopper didn't come flying through then the parachute gets pulled at about 5,000 feet and we float down to a view of the Fox Glacier and town.

It was my third skydive and I didn't get scared much. The adrenaline rush was ever present and the scenery was the best yet.

Now its back to Queenstown for some New Years celebration.

No comments: