I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Saturday, December 27, 2008

On the road again


Christmas on the Lake, originally uploaded by jokecamp.

I am back on the road again after a stay with a family in Greymouth. I got put to work mostly in the gardens while learning about the local gold mining process and history. While staying with the family I slept in the old boat that was rooted into their backyard. It was quite comfy and warm. I doubt I would sleep as sound if it was on the open water.

For Christmas we joined the family for a few days on Lake Kaniere. Two of the days were gorgeous but one day it just poured down raining. I've now got the hang of water skiing and can get up ontop the water on my first try.

The break from the road was great and the family was a lot of fun. I haven't ate that well since the trip began. I'm headed back south again but this time I am traveling with Sascha from Germany. We are taking his van south and trying to make it to Queenstown for New Years Eve.

It's good to be on the road again.

No comments: