I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Farewell New Zealand


View from Mount Coronet, originally uploaded by jokecamp.

I'm flying out of New Zealand this evening. New Zealand was simply stunning in the scenery. It has everything. Mountains, lakes, rivers, and beaches. I've spent about two months here and every time you look around you can't help but think to yourself that your current view would make a great photograph. I am sure I will return for another visit someday.

A couple fun things I found out here where that you can go shopping barefoot, you get to drive on the wrong side of the road, there are no frivolous lawsuits, five cents if the lowest currency denomination, you drink spirits instead of liqueur and enjoy crisps instead of fries. There is brekkie, lunch and tea.The beer isn't too bad and I have no idea why they call the letter Z "Zed."

It wasn't all splendid though. The sausages here are terrible and they try to give you assigned seats in the cinema.

Next stop is Sydney, Australia.

No comments: