I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sydney, Australia


Sydney Opera House and Bridge, originally uploaded by jokecamp.



Bondi Beach, originally uploaded by jokecamp.



The flight to Sydney was only about 2 and a half hours. I flew with Emirates an airline based out of Dubai. Flying on their airlines is a real treat. I got a free beer with my roasted duck dinner. Then the headset had hundreds of movies you could view. You could view two different live cameras operating at the front of the plane and the bottom of the plane. It was quite impressive. I'm not sure how I got such a good deal on the flight. Getting through Australian customs was quick and painless. A quick double decker train ride later I was dropped off into the center of Sydney.

Sydney is huge and beautiful. The harbour is amazing and intertwines with the land. The hustle and bustle of the city reminds me of New York city but not nearly as intimidating as the big apple. The beaches are amazing but very crowded. The surf is powerful and wiped me out a few times. The water is clear and the sand is clean.

I have been staying in the city for the last few days and I will head Southwest to see Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide before heading into the heart of the continent. The outback.

No comments: