I quit my job and decided to go backpacking. Below are my updates from the trail. I hope to just post enough pictures and details to make you all jealous. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokecamp/ - Joe

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Nevis Bungy in Queenstown


The Nevis Bungy, originally uploaded by jokecamp.

I've just jumped off the Nevis Bungy that hangs 134 meters above the Nevis river. An adrenaline rush that can't be rivaled. You see the ground, the river and canyon walls just rush by at an incredible rate.

The hardest part was jumping off the platform. You can see everything in front of you and the operator quickly counts down five...four...three...two...one...bungy! At first I didn't jump. It took two more seconds and a deep breath before a swan dive off the platform.

That's me in the picture above. Cheers!

No comments: